Monday, October 6, 2008

New adventures...


Finally the weather started to be more autumnal, and we could go for a walk without suffering heat stroke!  And Sof was able to start utilizing her birthday gifts...she looks fabulous her new sunglasses; the stroller also got quite a workout.  She actually made it almost all the way home pushing the stroller herself, for which John was very grateful.

The other remarkable event of the day was that I was out of bed at 4:45 am on a Sunday!  I spent the morning at the Alameda Antique Fair with friends, and found some great items, including a typesetter drawer I've been lusting for ever since I saw what Ali Edwards did with hers.  It's in great condition, and just needs some minor repairs, then I can start filling it with goodies!

Speaking of Ali Edwards, I've had a wonderful time working on the Week in a Life challenge, it's really jump started my enthusiasm for scrapbooking. Things have been so hectic lately it's been difficult to focus on one project long enough to complete it; but Week in a Life has refocused my attention, and it's been so much fun focusing on the everyday things that are usually so mundane, and distract from other things I'd rather be doing. I'll try to have photos up later this week of some finished products. 


No comments: