Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Day at the Museum

We spent an adventurous afternoon at the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco, Matty wanting to see dinosaurs, and the rest of us wanting something fun and interesting to do. I've been there several times growing up, but hadn't been back in about 20 years. A major renovation has just been finished, and though we saw most of the museum, there a few things we need to go back and check out.

One of the coolest things they had was a rainforest exhibit, at the top there were hundreds of butterflies, or according to Sofie, "butterbies"; she was chased by a butterfly across the atrium, much to the delight of about 40 people!  After that she enjoyed the "butterbies" from a safe distance.

Today was my last day for Ali Edwards "Week in a Life" challenge, and now I have to start figuring out how I want to put everything together. She has some great formatting ideas, including templates for creating separation for each day. Her finished project looks great, and she uses baseball card pages for hers! I love that idea, and plan to "scraplift" it. 

I also want to send a shout out to the Scrap for a Cure girls for the success with their October kits. They have only two of the main kit left, and I highly recommend it; they are serious that there is 25% more product...I've never had this much stuff come in a kit! Check it soon, last I checked there are only 2 left.

No comments: