Monday, November 3, 2008

It seems this election has been going on for years, and when you do the math, it almost has! I heard somewhere today, that this election process has been going on for the last 20 months, which is about two thirds of Sofia's lifetime! While I'm excited about the prospect of change, I'm just as thrilled at the idea of no longer having to listen to the mud slinging and political rhetoric of a campaign.  To that end, I wanted to do something to celebrate this event, and have decided to treat the day as a "new years" of sorts; and besides, because John as surgery on Election Day, we've already voted via absentee ballot, so now all that's left to do is sit back and enjoy the democratic process in action.

I've decided to spend the next two days working through my current creative to-do list (shown above), while watching one of my favorite documentaries, the History Channel's "The Presidents" series. I find it strangely addictive! And whenever I work on a huge project, such as painting a room or finishing a lengthy to-do list, I turn this on; since it lasts 6 hours it gives me a fun and easy way to gauge my progress. 

I will be posting pictures of some of my completed projects, and the kids in their Halloween costumes later this week!


No comments: